Portishead bagman Geoff Barrow has accused electro-rock duo Phantogram of burglary the drumbeat he played on a the song "Charlie's Theme" by the Jimi Entley Sound for their clue "When I'm Small," which came out in 2010. Linking to the user-generated sample website WhoSampled, the bagman tweeted beforehand this anniversary at the group, "Just apprehensive why I'm arena the drums on one of your tracks? Any thoughts?" When they did not acknowledgment to him in two days' time, he tweeted, "must be busy."
Related
Portishead Reissuing 'Dummy' on Vinyl
The accumulation assuredly got aback to him on Tuesday. "Sorry for apathetic reply," the bandage wrote in one tweet. "We're both big admirers of your work." And in another, they wrote that they capital to direct-message him to accomplish the chat easier. "Short version: our drums not taken from Entley record," they said.
"So you are adage that they are not my drums and my arena on your 'When I'm Small,'" Barrow replied. "They are yours? Correct?"
Barrow has a history of accusing added artists of jacking his beats. In May, he claimed that the R&B accompanist and ambassador the Weeknd had swiped the boom band from Portishead's 2008 individual "Machine Gun" for his "Belong to the World." At the time, the Portishead affiliate aggregate a letter that a rep for the Weeknd had beatific him in February 2013 allurement to bright the sample. The Weeknd has claimed that his exhausted was "inspired" by Barrow's.
"When anyone asks to sample you and you refuse, they should accept the account as a adolescent artisan to not use it," Barrow wrote at the time. "We usually accord sample approval to tunes we like. It's got fuk [sic] all to do with money! As a lot of of them are hip-hop artists that are [poor]." He aswell wrote, "I don't wanna get paid...I just wish my exhausted back."
No hay comentarios :