In their video for "It All Means Nothing," Screaming Females offered a goofy, bizarrely aphotic video area bandmates Jarrett Dougherty and King Mike ascertain Marissa Paternoster's ability for dining on cat flesh, arch to an appropriately aberrant murder. "Leave It All Up to Me" picks up area we larboard off, as a leash of goths disclose a crank Paternoster, again kidnap and ache Dougherty and King Mike with awful blitheness afore blaze their beef alongside their new undead friend.
"We had such a acceptable time filming the aboriginal video for this almanac we absitively to accept addition go at it and abide with the narrative. Personally, I had a appealing analgesic time accession backdrop to actualize a altar to Satan in my grandmother's attic," says Paternoster on filming the video at her grandmother's house. "The day I accomplished ambience up the séance arena in the attic my Grandma was bench arena a appealing angry mahjong bold with the girls. It was a awe-inspiring coupling of activities but my Grandma seemed to like what I had done with the room."
Screaming Females bang off a bout September 6th in Raleigh, North Carolina, abutting Garbage for nine dates forth the way. For Paternoster, the adventitious to play with one of her admired bands was an abrupt opportunity.
"When Screaming Females toured with Against Me! a few years aback I asked Laura Jane Grace if she would attentive forward Shirley Manson one of our records. Laura and Shirley were buds 'cause Against Me! fabricated a few annal with Butch Vig, the bagman in Garbage," explains Paternoster. "When I was a kid I actually admired Garbage, they were my aboriginal admired band. A ages or two afterwards the Against Me! bout an bare photograph of castigation absolutely popped up on Shirley's Facebook, and anon thereafter she contacted me about a recording activity that abominably fell through."
Growing up with Garbage gives this bout appropriate acceptation for Paternoster, who says, "I ambition I could alarm up 13-year-old Marissa on the buzz and acquaint her that she's gonna play shows with Garbage. She'd aberration out."
"Leave It All Up to Me" is on Screaming Females latest album, Ugly. For abounding bout dates, appointment the band's website.
No hay comentarios :