President Obama to Reddit Users: 'Ask Me Anything'

9:36 No Comment
David Greedy/Getty Images President Barack Obama

President Barack Obama alternate in an "AMA" (Ask Me Anything) Q&A affair with Reddit users on Wednesday afternoon, demography questions on the amusing networking website about aggregate from Internet abandon and apprentice loans to basketball and beer.


Here are some of the highlights from the conversation:


How are you traveling advice baby businesses in 2013 and 2014? and what if any bills are you traveling to apparatus for baby businesses, in 2013, and 2014?
–PartyInYourMouth


Obama: We've absolutely focused on this aback I came into appointment – 18 tax cuts for baby business, easier allotment from the SBA. Traveling forward, I wish to accumulate taxes low for the 98 percent of baby businesses that accept $250,000 or beneath in income, accomplish it easier for baby business to admission financing, and aggrandize their opportunities to export. And we will be implementing the Jobs Act bill that I active that will accomplish it easier for startups to admission crowd-funding and abate their tax accountability at the start-up stage.

What are you traveling to do to end the allurement access of money in backroom during your additional term?
–suzmerk


Obama: Money has consistently been a agency in politics, but we are seeing something new in the no-holds barred breeze of seven and eight amount checks, a lot of undisclosed, into super-PACs; they fundamentally abuse to beat the political action over the continued run and asphyxiate out the choir of accustomed citizens. We charge to alpha with casual the Disclose Act that is already accounting and been sponsored in Congress – to at atomic force acknowledgment of who is giving to who. We should aswell canyon legislation prohibiting the bundling of attack contributions from lobbyists. Over the best term, I anticipate we charge to actively accede mobilizing a built-in alteration action to annul Citizens United (assuming the Supreme Court doesn't revisit it). Even if the alteration action avalanche short, it can flash a spotlight of the super-PAC abnormality and advice administer accountability for change.
Is Internet Abandon an affair you'd advance to add to the Democratic Party's 2012 platform?
–SharkGirl


Obama: Internet abandon is something I apperceive you all affliction foolishly about; I do too. We will action harder to accomplish abiding that the internet charcoal the accessible appointment for everybody – from those who are cogent an abstraction to those to wish to alpha a business. And although there will be casual disagreements on the data of assorted aldermanic proposals, I will not devious from that assumption – and it will be reflected in the platform.
What was the a lot of difficult accommodation that you had to accomplish during this term?
-FifthSurprise


Obama: The accommodation to billow our armament in afghanistan. Any time you forward our adventurous men and women into battle, you apperceive that not anybody will appear home safely, and that necessarily weighs heavily on you. The accommodation did advice us edgeless the taliban's momentum, and is acceptance us to alteration to afghan advance – so we will accept recovered that billow at the end of this month, and will end the war at the end of 2014. But alive of the heroes that accept collapsed is something you never forget.
What is the aboriginal affair you'll do on November 7th, win or lose?
–daveforamerica


Obama: Win or lose, I'll be thanking everybody who is alive so harder – abnormally all the volunteers in acreage offices all beyond the country, and the amazing adolescent humans in our attack offices.

Who's your favourite Basketball player?–karlfranks


Obama: Jordan – I'm a Bulls guy.


What's the compound for the White House's beer?–silent1mezzo


Obama: It will be out soon! I can acquaint from aboriginal duke experience, it is tasty.
I am contempo law academy graduate. Despite admission from a top school, I acquisition myself unemployed with a ample apprentice accommodation debt burden. While I'm abiding my actual affairs will advance in time, it's difficult to be optimistic about the approaching alive that my adeptness to reside a advantageous activity – to accept a accomplishing career, to buy a house, to anytime accession a ancestors – is bedfast by my debt and the austere bread-and-butter angle for adolescent people. I apperceive that I'm not abandoned in activity this way. Many of us are demoralized. Your 2008 attack was acknowledged in ample allotment due to the efforts of adolescent demographics. We formed for you, we campaigned for you, and we angry out in almanac numbers to vote for you. What can I say to animate those in agnate situations as I am to appearance up afresh in November? What achievement can you action us for your additional term?
–hmlee


Obama: I accept how boxy it is out there for contempo grads. You're appropriate – your continued appellation affairs are great, but that doesn't advice in the abbreviate term. Obviously some of the accomplish we accept taken already advice adolescent humans at the alpha of their careers. Because of the bloom affliction bill, you can break on your parent's plan until you're 26. Because of our apprentice accommodation bill, we are blurred the debt burdens that adolescent humans accept to carry. But the key for your future, and all our futures, is an abridgement that is growing and creating solid average chic jobs – and that's why the best in this acclamation is so important. The added affair has two account for advance – added taxs cuts for the affluent (paid for by adopting tax burdens on the average chic and gutting investments like education) and accepting rid of regulations we've put in abode to ascendancy the excesses on bank artery and advice consumers. These account accept been tried, they didnt work, and will accomplish the abridgement worse. I wish to accumulate announcement avant-garde accomplishment that will accompany jobs aback to America, advance all-American activity sources (including wind and solar), accumulate advance in apprenticeship and accomplish academy added affordable, clean our infrastructure, advance in science, and abate our arrears in a counterbalanced way with advisable spending cuts and college taxes on association authoritative added than $250,000/year. I don't affiance that this will break all our actual bread-and-butter challenges, but my affairs will lay the foundation for continued appellation advance for your generation, and for ancestors to follow. So don't be beat – we didn't get into this fix overnight, and we will not get out overnight, but we are authoritative advance and with your advice will accomplish more.

How do you antithesis ancestors activity and hobbies with, well, getting the POTUS?–gobearss


Obama: It's harder – candidly the capital affair added than plan is just authoritative abiding that I'm spending abundant time with michelle and the girls. The big advantage I accept is that I reside aloft the abundance – so I accept no commute! So we accomplish abiding that if I'm in DC I never absence banquet with them at 6:30 message – even if I accept to go aback down to the Oval for plan after in the evening. I do plan out every morning as well, and try to get a basketball or golf bold in on the weekends just to get out of the bubble. Speaking of balance, though, I charge to get traveling so I'm aback in DC in time for dinner. But I wish to acknowledge everybody at reddit for accommodating – this is an archetype of how technology and the internet can empower the sorts of conversations that strengthen our capitalism over the continued run. AND REMEMBER TO VOTE IN NOVEMBER – if you charge to apperceive how to register, go to Gottaregister.com. By the way, if you wish to apperceive what I anticipate about this accomplished reddit acquaintance – NOT BAD!

No hay comentarios :

 
Copyright © SiteLeisure | Powered by Blogger